[slinkelist] Xantech - slinke connecting ? and X10 beginner help

David Aue aue@nirvis.com
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 16:19:25 -0800

At 06:02 AM 12/21/99 , Knight, Vann M wrote:
>1) I think I should be able to feed the IR signal (collected and routed by
>my Xantech system) to the slink-e (and thus have some control over the CDJ
>software). How do I bridge the IR signal from my Xantech IR bus to my
>slink-e? I considered simply taping IR emitter to IR receiver, but there
>must be a better way.
Xantech signals can be fed into the S-link using the curcuits shown on this
web page:
http://www.nirvis.com/xantech.htm

>2) I recently purchased some X-10 "stuff" including the CM11a... How do I
>set up control of X-10 devices thru the slink-e? I've browsed the help (so
>please no RTFM flames) and it looks like there is support in the slink-e
>device and slink-e server to route signals to the X-10 devices but how does
>one originate a signal to send to an X-10 device? I've added the CM11a
>device file, and slink-e server can "see" the CM11a. But is there a macro
>capability in either the CDJ or slink-e server software? What I've read up
>to now in the help indicates to me that there is an ActiveX open interface
>implemented, but I've yet found an application which uses this interface...
>am I way out in left field here ?
It really depends on what you are trying to do.  CDJ has a mapping file
capability that will allow you to have x-10 signals triggered by other
Slink-e events.  If you just want to be able to press buttons and have x-10
events happen then a modified version of our TV Remote program would work.

David Aue
Nirvis Systems