[slinkelist] Incoming IR signals

Harris, Terry THarris@leasedirect.com
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 11:25:46 -0500

Steve,
Cool application of this technology!
One side note, you can avoid running IR receiver wire around the house by
buying a RF remote.

-----Original Message-----
From: Young, Steven E [mailto:seyoung@kpmg.com]
Sent: Monday, November 15, 1999 10:44 AM
To: 'slinkelist@nirvis.com'
Subject: [slinkelist] Incoming IR signals

<snip>

If anyone is interested, here is my approach . . . One master computer
connects to Slinke, CM11a, security, multi-room controller and smart
thermostat.  This computer runs Slinkserve, CDJ and my control program which
presents a very simple user interface.  My control program responds to input
from a universal IR remote control and the user interface changes
appropriately.  The computer video is modulated to a cable channel which
allows any TV in the house with an IR link to Slinke to control everything.

Thanks again,

Steve