[slinkelist] Re: slinkelist digest, Vol 1 #230 - 13 msgs

greynolds@newsguy.com greynolds@newsguy.com
Tue, 04 Apr 2000 11:32:36 -0400

On Mon, 3 Apr 2000 11:19:43 -0400, Stu D'Alessandro
<stuball@optonline.net> wrote:

>Another possibility is the Take Control IR controller from Harmon Kardon
>(http://www.harmankardon.com/).  This is an ultra-programmable remote =
with
>touch screen (and backlight) that perhaps could be used to relay IR =
commands
>via the Slink-e up to your computer for processing and commands returned
>back down (I haven't done this myself so forgive me if it's not a =
practical
>solution).   It also provides a means to simultaneously control all your
>non-slink-e'd units.

Having owned a Madrigal IRIQ (same thing as the HK Take Control), I
would suggest not buying one.  Get a Philips Pronto instead (look at
www.remotecentral.com for lots of info on both).
--=20
Geoffrey Reynolds