[slinkelist] mpeg2 ????????

Gary L. Hunt glh@srv.net
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:17:16 -0700

At 11:39 AM 3/15/2000 -0800, George Tang wrote:
>Well, I've also found that MP3 requires sooo much CPU processing during
>playback.  On my 486/100, there's no way I can play MP3 because the CPU is
>just not fast enough to handle it. Unfortunately, that's the machine that I
>have CDJ running and Slinke hooked up to.

My old Pentium 90 (which is used to run CDJ and control my Slink-e)
can play MP3s as long as nothing else demands much of its
resources.  If I try to get online using a Winmodem, or anything
else that imposes much processor load, it loses it on the MP3s.
The machine which I would like to do this with (in the same
room with the Slink-e) is out of reach of my living room, which
means improvement awaits some means of controlling CDJ
remotely.  I keep reading the various postings describing how
to do this, but none of them seem very hassle-free to me as
of yet.  Maybe someday....

Gary Hunt <glh@srv.net>