[slinkelist] New Guy

Gregg Sheehan gbs@dowco.com
Wed, 3 May 2000 01:32:59 -0700

Greetings,
 You guy's are missing an important part of the original question from Ken.
To play a turntable into anything correctly at LINE level requires a
"phono" type preamp with the appropriate IRAA equalizer. This is commonly
found on any piece of low-budget crappy stereo gear- "preamp/ integrated
amp stereo thing" that has a phono input. Just take a LINE out or REC out
of that unit ( with PHONO selected as input )and plug it into your sound
card LINE IN.  The cable would be stereo RCA to 3.5mm stereo (easily found
at "Le Shack" ). MIC IN on any sound card probably has enough gain ( 30 to
40 dB ) but lacks the  equalizer-----gottttt's no bottom
end!!!!............  Got'sta have yo bottom end!
You're dealing with technology from the pre-CD era and may not be familiar
with the limitations of cutting vinyl records or interface issues or maybe
I'm just getting old.
 On a different bent, one CDJ / Slinkee thing we discovered, relative to
lockups etc, has to do with file allocation tables. It's very happy to have
the executable file in one FAT and cd files/ lists/ etc. in another. Works
great and what the hell, hard drives are cheap and / or sectoring is
relatively easy.
Gregg
Westpoint Technologies,
The Frozen Wastelands of Kanada