[slinkelist] Re: CDCovers & Lyrics -> Copyright

Michael Holopainen michael@laserle.fi
Thu, 04 May 2000 10:02:28 +0300

You have to remember the copyright issue ; it apply to cover art &
lyrics just as well as the music itself.
Of course there shouldn't be any reason why person who own's legal copy
of the CD couldn't copy the cover or lyrics for his/her own use but how
do you prove you have copy of the cd on a web page (well cddb is one way
to go about it, but)
If Muze is paying the the copyright fees the I understand that they
charge for it, but if they are just greedy b*****s, don't worry they get
what is coming to them when EMI or WARNER sue them for every penny they
got.

P.S. I'm no "guardian of moral" or "net-police" (far from it), just
wanted to point this out.
P.S.S. In Finland this has gone bit over the edge; they have closed down
homepages containing thew lyrics of songs, because lyrics are
copyrighted.    =20