[slinkelist] cdjr:error:can not open device file

Tim & Rita Mac reet@warwick.net
Mon, 15 May 2000 19:32:34 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BFBEA4.5171F500

Would some one help me with this problem?  I have just hooked up my =
(New) slink-e and I am having trouble. I connected it to a dedicated com =
port that I previously had my apc-ups on, ( so I know that it is clean ) =
. IRQ 03 and address of 02F8-02FF. I get a message in CDJ of cdjr:error =
can not open device file. This leads me to believe that the problem lies =
in the improper installation of the software. I originally installed the =
slink-e 041100 download first, understanding that I did not need to =
install the system update of the dlls, or the Microsoft mdac_typ files =
because the updated version of slinke.exe contained these files. When =
this did not work I uninstalled the slinke 041100 and reinstalled the =
mdac_typ and system update files ,  then the slinke 041100 files, in =
that order. I still get the error message. should I have removed all and =
any reference to the slinke in the registry before reinstalling? If so, =
I could use some guidance. Any one have any clues? I have two cx-300's =
and extremely anxious to utilize them with the slinke. Would appreciate =
any help. Thanks Mac

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BFBEA4.5171F500

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Would some one&nbsp;help me with this=20
problem?&nbsp; I have just hooked up my&nbsp;(New) slink-e and I am =
having=20
trouble. I connected it to a dedicated com port that I previously had my =
apc-ups=20
on, ( so I know that it is clean ) . IRQ 03 and address of 02F8-02FF. I =
get a=20
message in CDJ of</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;cdjr:error can =
not open=20
device file.&nbsp;This leads me to believe that the problem lies in the =
improper=20
installation of the software. I originally installed the&nbsp;slink-e=20
041100&nbsp;download first,&nbsp;understanding that I did not need to =
install=20
the system update of the dlls, or the Microsoft mdac_typ files because =
the=20
updated version&nbsp;of slinke.exe contained these files.&nbsp;When this =
did not=20
work I&nbsp;uninstalled the slinke 041100 and reinstalled =
the&nbsp;mdac_typ and=20
system update files ,&nbsp; then the slinke 041100 files, in that order. =
I still=20
get the error message. should I have removed all and any reference to =
the slinke=20
in the registry before reinstalling? If so, I could use some guidance. =
Any one=20
have any clues? I have two cx-300's and extremely anxious to utilize =
them with=20
the slinke. Would appreciate any help. Thanks =
Mac</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BFBEA4.5171F500--