[slinkelist] CDJ commands request

Michael Holopainen michael@laserle.fi
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:44:34 +0300

It has one drawback, it does not work !

Not a single sing of life from mouse emu, I if you mean that VB-ActiveX
application.

1. problem was that it needed some vb dll / ocx that were not in vb
runtime
2. I got those files and I was able to start the app but it showed no
signs of life in receiving IR.

That's the problem with VB soft they usually do not work on any other
machine than the one they were made in.

The IR helper for Creative Encore DVD worked like charm, BUT it was made
with Delphi.
Delphi too has few problems BUT only few (2-3) but it's still poles
apart from VB.

If you are using VB, move to Delphi as soon as you can. Believe me
You'll never regret it.
I sincerely mean that as a fellow programmer. <I come in peace>

And in any case I do NOT want mouse movement just UP & DOWN arrow keys
AND ability to jump from window to window inside CDJ.

I'm sure that mouse emu in great program (if you get it to work), and I
really mean that : you have juggle with WINAPI & ACTIVEX and SLINKE-Serv
to get them to work even in some situations is an achivement itself.
But controlling mouse_cursor with button_presses is not what I'm looking
for. I want much more limited movement = single button press steps focus
up/down in albums or tracks list (moves focus = displays cover) and
another button to switch between albums and tracks window.

-michael (A)

--
   --"Would you fly on airplane controlled by MS Windows ?"--
| Michael Holopainen | Valuraudantie 25 | Tel: +358-(0)9-35093825  |